Friday 3 December 2010

STYLE NV Review - At Home With the Georgians

Sitting a few millimeters away from my radiator, whilst this wintery weather wars on outside, I can’t help but feel sorry for the Georgians, or in fact any other period in history that didn’t have central heating. All well and good high summer, but right now I’m rather pleased I live in a time where I flick a switch and can feel totally toasty in my little home office.

Last night I watched the new series At home with the Georgians (BBC2) presented by Professor Amanda Vickery and I can’t wait till next week. It was a fascinating insight into how the Georgians lived and how they felt about their homes. What made it so good was that Vickery brought the whole thing to life giving real insight normal Georgians, living their lives, using a letters, diary entries which she called up using her e-reader. She used actors to reconstruct and narrate the stories she told.http://www.stylenv.co.uk/blogs/blogEntry.cfm?b=47

No comments:

Post a Comment