Sunday 8 August 2010

RAVE - All praise to the phenomenon that is IKEA

I thought long and hard about who should be the first to receive a STYLE NV ‘Big Up Blog’ and decided that it really has to be the Daddy, IKEA.


Why? Well firstly, my career as an Interior Stylist started when I was the Editorial Assistant for IKEA Room Magazine, many moons ago. I utterly LOVED my job, all of us on the editorial team did, we lived and breathed Room magazine and I learnt an awful lot about interior styling when I was there. IKEA were great clients, incredibly open minded to our mad crazy ideas (though I do remember the look Kemi’s face when she walked into my shoot with me throwing cans of paint at the furniture)!

IKEA took us to their headquarters in Almhult, Sweden (that’s the A in IKEA). Bit of a strange place in the middle of nowhere, this small village had been taken over by IKEA. http://www.stylenv.co.uk/blogs/blogEntry.cfm?b=2

No comments:

Post a Comment