Thursday 5 August 2010

A Sticky Subject

It's picky, and a titchy annoyance but leaving sticky labels on your plates, bases, glasses whatever and wherever they might be does bother me. Thanks to our lovely HD telly, I see it sticky labels left on everywhere. I even see it on tv in period dramas (set dressers please take note)!!



I confess that I have absent mindedly removed them at friends houses and when I've been styling some of the homes we've photographed (I mention no names), I surruptiously peeled them off. It's a bad habit of mine, which I must try and refrain.


I'm just going say this only once. "Take the bloody labels off!" It looks awful and yes, you lazy lot, it does matter even if it is on the end. The back is as important as the front. It's like the equivilent to wearing a new skirt with the tags left on. You wouldn't do that, would you? Not unless you were trying to follow that ridiculous and thankfully outdated trend of keeping the tags on your baseball cap? (Was it supposed to imply that they'd nicked it or that yhey eanted everyone to know that they were dumb enough to spend so much on a hat)??!


Take the labels off as soon as you get them. It takes a millisecond and If you leave it, the glue will dry and on it will be much harder. If they are particularly stubborn, pour a little bit of lighter fluid (a little stylist tip there) and they will come right off.

No comments:

Post a Comment